Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Losing My Voice


Driving down to Mississippi by way of Michigan was quite the journey in a 15 passenger van with 13 people in it. It was fun though because it was a big group of people I am good friends with. I also happened to be one of the people to keep the drivers up the entire time down there. We actually had two vehicles one person followed down in his Mustang.

Upon arriving in Biloxi and due to being awake for about 28 hours without sleeping and what not I ended up losing my voice. It was hard at first because I enjoy talking to people. Of course here I would have a great opportunity to hear some good stories and be able to talk about some of the things that people went through. Of course for the first few days I was forced to do nothing but listen and observe what was going on around me.

I think my voice was gone for about 4 days and on the 2nd day I began to realize that there might be a purpose for my voice being gone. Since I wasn't able to talk it forced me to listen. I think God may have had that in mind when I lost my voice. Especially since this is the first time that it has ever happened in my life. It really made me realize the importance of listening. Sometimes I just talk to much and I guess God wanted me to listen a little more than talk to the people that I met at least at first.

Anyways this is probably the first of things that I came to realize when I was in Biloxi.

No comments: